Paulo Fidalgo is software engineer, with a computer science master's degree who has been working with Ruby, Rails and Java technologies. Living near Porto, Portugal and working remotely started in the Telco market working in the backend areas of SMS-Centres, integrations, and real-time communications (audio, video and text). A move to the startup scene allowed him to work and lead the team on Big Data and Natural Language Processing, working on the call routing systems providing integrated customer support and helped the wealth managers to use the best information available to unlock the full potential of the Research Reports, Events and Forecast Models.
Software Engineer (remote)
Remote backend software engineer working on a platform to allow to connect research providers with the wealth managers, empowering them with the tools to generate alpha
- Research processing and indexing system, that works by receiving the Research Reports, mainly in a PDF form, extract the information, enrich and store it for analysis and user consumption.
- Split the Platform by extracting Event functionality, to split the responsibilities and creating API to access and provide the information.
- Development empowering technics from Clean Code, TDD, Infrastructure as code and the CI/CD.
- Google PubSub
Software Engineer (remote)
Backend engineer working on routing and processing calls and texts for a cloud contact centre solution.
- Working on the legacy system, improving the code readability and performance and doing the usual maintenance and new features. The core system, still responsible for major call features, routing calls to the right destination, managing the call recordings, waiting queues and agent's statuses. The system has integrations with several providers like Twilio, Plivo and regular SIP and works based on HTTP API calls.
- Definition of a new generation system, able to phase out the legacy one, providing a couple of new features built on a microservices architecture approach. The new system was designed to phase out the legacy one, allowing each customer to set a custom workflow on each number. Built to be horizontally scalable and flexible to provide all the integrations needed, like Salesforce or customer's custom systems.
Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Team lead and developer across the whole stack, from Rails to Hadoop data processing
- Business Matchmaking reports computation with Hadoop running in Amazon EMR for computing scores of a company's allies, distributors, competitors and suppliers in a foreign country, based on a company's website data and business registration information
- Web application to allow ordering and visualize reports and companies information
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon EMR
- Stanford CoreNLP
- Elastic search
Requirements analysis, specification, development, tests and deployment of an SIP Application Server for an IP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem (IMS) according to RCS/Rcse specification from GSM Association (GSMA).
- Development and maintenance of Push Notifications Gateway using Google Cloud Message, Apple Push Notifications and binary SMS.
- Auto-Configuration Server allowing sending mobile application settings, following the RCSe/RCS5 specifications.
- Maintenance and evolution of a SIP Application Server. Maintenance and evolution of media (audio and video) session transcoding in real-time.
- Test planning and execution, deployments, upgrades and contingency plans.
- Spring Framework
- Intel IPP
- Twitter Bootstrap
Co-founder and partner
Co-founder and partner starting as a sole company with one Optician Center expanding later to the fashion clothes. In 2014, we moved to a limited company. Helping with order management, legal, finances and contracts with partners and suppliers.
Java backend developer for SMS and MMS based services in the context of Telco operators
- Specification, implementation and maintenance of several modules of message processing (SMS and MMS) providing services of mass sending, CRM integration, value-added services and integration with external systems (Bank operations, Email, Web Services...) for telecommunications operators.
- Specification, planning e execution of test plans. Deployment, upgrades and contingency plans for product delivery.
- HP Quality Center
Lead Software Engineer
Lead developer and project manager for web and multimedia content projects
- Ascertain the projects status and customer perception, defining a roadmap for every project, monitoring and resource allocation.
- Leading the recruiting process and contract external resources.
- Specification and development of a communication module, using an RS232 serial port, with a custom-made GSM modem switch.
Web developer in the field of value-added SMS services and telco backend systems
- Solo developer for a web application for the administration, management and user self-care for a new generation communications service, providing fixed-mobile convergence in an IMS (Internet Media Server) context
- Developement of a value-added SMS and Wap Push service from the integration with the SMS-Centre through the Web application for managing and creating campaings
- Analysis and requirements gathering for an ENUM(E.164 NUmber Mapping) server, developing a proof-of-concept using the chosen solution
- Ruby on Rails
Solo developer for a project allowing data synchronization between an LDAP directory and a relational database
Skills & Tools
Ruby on Rails
- Code Review
- Unit Testing
Master's Degree in Computer ScienceUniversidade de Evora2008
Graduation in Computer ScienceUniversidade de Evora2006
- Portuguese (Native)
- English (Professional)
- Spanish (Basic)